With an increasing number of households and businesses switching to LED lights, it’s no wonder that they are one of the more popular lighting products in the market. Produced in an extensive range of styles such as 12v LED globes, downlights and strip lighting, LED lights are cost-efficient, easy to use and durable, making them an ideal option for any room and décor. Some LED lights can also be remotely controlled and are dimmable, adding to their versatility.
As an online lighting store with 3 physical locations that you can shop from, we stock a wide range of LED lights. If you’re in the market for lighting and can’t decide if LED lights are the way to go for you, here are some facts about them that will help you make up your mind:
- While an incandescent light converts 9-10% of the energy it consumes into light, LEDs convert almost 100% of the energy into light
- Unlike other lights, LEDs contain no mercury, which means you’re protected from any potential mercury contamination that may occur if the light breaks. These lights also have a smaller impact on the environment than incandescent
- On average, LED lights last for as long as 50,000 hours, with some models offering up to 100,000 hours lamp life. This means that your LED light won’t need to be replaced regularly, with lamp lasting you a few years while
illuminating the space efficiently
- Between 2011 and 2012 alone, global sales of LED replacement bulbs increased 22% while the cost of a 60-watt equivalent LED bulb fell by nearly 40%. By 2030, it’s estimated that LEDs will account for 75% of all lighting product purchases
- LEDs are used in a wider range of applications than you would realise. Their compact size, ease of maintenance and ability to focus light in a specific direction make them ideal for use in traffic lights, vehicle brake light, televisions and display cases too. LEDs were first used in brake lights, signal lights and traffic lights back in 1987
- LED lights may be more effective in reducing bugs when used as a porch light. Unlike incandescent lamps and CFLs, they don’t produce substantial amounts of ultraviolet and infrared radiation, which usually attract bugs
Look to browse through and buy LED lights online? Or a physical store in your neighbourhood? Get in touch with Australian lighting today to check out our full range of LED lights.