Make your home look and feel luxurious with chandeliers
It is possible to make your home look expensive without spending a fortune. The key here is focus. Instead of going all out for new furniture and décor, you can start by splurging on just one or two items. This one investment may be the only expensive piece in the room (or house), but it can be enough to give your house a ‘facelift’.
One of the easiest ways to transform your home is by updating the light fixture, and one of the most glamorous light fixtures is: the chandelier.
Here are some ways you can incorporate chandelier lights in your home to instantly give it an elegant and luxurious look:
In the entryway
The entryway plays an important role in welcoming you home and also in greeting guests. Don’t overlook this area that can really set the tone for the rest of your home. Give it a glamorous look with a bold and beautiful chandelier.
In the living room
Add class to your living space with a chandelier. Position the chandelier in the centre of the room so that it not only becomes the room’s main source of light, but also a statement piece of art.
In the dining area
Another common place for a chandelier to be hung is the dining room. A classic chandelier will keep your space timeless and elegant, or, you can give it a more interesting twist by going for a quirky design.
In the study
The work space at home doesn’t have to be dull and boring. Chandeliers are a good lighting choice to brighten up your study room, adding beauty and class at the same time.
In the bedroom
Nothing like a gorgeous chandelier in your very own personal space to make you feel like royalty. Remember to add a dimmer switch to your bedroom chandeliers, so that you can adjust the brightness according to your preference.
In the bathroom
One of the best ways to pamper yourself after a long day is by soaking in a hot bath. So why not up the luxe factor of your bathroom with a crystal chandelier over the tub?
7 other quick ways to add class to your home
Investing in a beautiful crystal chandelier definitely goes a long way in making your home look more luxurious!
Besides that, here are other quick ways to transform your home:
- a) Keep your home clean and clutter-free. Listen to Marie Kondo and find a home for everything – from clothes, to paperwork, to keys.
- b) Less is more. Don’t fill up every nook and corner. Leave white space on your walls and surfaces, and you’ll be surprised at how that can make your house feel bigger and classier.
- c) Hang oversize art on the walls to give your space an interesting and creative feel. Or go for a well-planned gallery of photos.
- d) You can’t go wrong with neutral walls. Colours like beige, grey, and even white, will always be on-trend. They also go with everything, allowing you to experiment with other colourful accessories.
- e) If you don’t already have a chandelier in the room, bring in a statement piece. Dining tables, rugs, sofas, or even floor lamps can add a good touch of luxury.
- f) Do not hang your curtains or drapes directly above the window frame. Hang them as close to the ceiling as possible to give an illusion of high ceilings and large space.
- g) Go for expensive liquid hand soap and premium scented candles. You will be surprised at how these little pampering treats can add to the luxe feel in your home.
Australian Lighting offers a good range of crystal chandeliers. Whether you’re looking for a classic style or one with a modern twist, we’ve got what you need. Shop on our website today, or drop by our stores!